Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr is set for Saturday night in Las Vegas
The card, hosted by Golden Boy Promotions, is set to begin on Saturday, May 6, at 9 p.m. ET from Las Vegas.
MAY 6, 2017
T-Mobile, Las Vegas, NV, USA (HBO PPV / BoxNation / BT)
- Saul Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr
- David Lemieux vs. Marcos Reyes
- Lucas Matthysse vs. Emmanuel Taylor
- Joseph Diaz vs. Manuel Avila
- Ronny Rios vs. Daniel Noriega
Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs) is 6-0 since his lone loss, a humbling decision defeat to Floyd Mayweather in 2013, and has headlined five pay-per-views during that span to become the sport’s biggest draw.
Chavez (50-2-1, 32 KOs), meanwhile, is looking to redeem himself in a big way after five years spent damaging his career through drug suspensions, missed weight and an overall lack of professionalism.